To celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Indianapolis, The Athletic Club Foundation is pleased to announce it will host three annual events including the Hoosier Lottery Greening of the Canal, the St. Patrick's Day Parade and 5K Shamrock Run and Parade Walk. After a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Indy St. Patrick's Day festivities will be back in full swing this year to commemorate the holiday.
25th Annual Hoosier Lottery Greening of the Canal
- The Athletic Club Foundation's St. Patrick's Day festivities will kick off with the Hoosier Lottery Greening of the Canal on Wednesday, March 16. This event, which is free and open to the public, will feature live entertainment and food trucks.
- 5:00 p.m. -- Live performances by the Indianapolis 500 Gordon Pipers and Singer Songwriter Katherine Nagy.
- 5:30 p.m. -- Remarks from local officials.
- 5:45 p.m. -- Pouring of the dye at the Ohio Street Canal Basin, located at Ohio and West Street downtown just east of Fire Station 13 and across the street from the Indiana Historical Society.
- The official pourers for this year's Hoosier Lottery Greening of the Canal are Mayor Joe Hogsett, 2022 Irish Citizen of the Year Jane Coffey Elliott, and Hoosier Lottery Executive Director Sarah M. Taylor.
- Parking is available for media on the south side of Ohio Street. There will be a designated media area canal-side which will allow access to the greening location where remarks will occur at 5:30 p.m. The pouring of the dye will occur at exactly 5:45 p.m.
Athletic Club Foundation leadership will be available for media interviews before and after the event.
40th St. Patrick's Day Parade and Tent Party Presented by the Hoosier Lottery
- On Thursday, March 17, St. Patrick's Day celebrations begin with the Parade Tent and Block Party Presented by the Hoosier Lottery at 9 a.m.
- The party will take place on North Street between Meridian Street and Pennsylvania Street. The area will be blocked to vehicle traffic during this time. There will be food trucks, sponsor activations and a large, heated tent at the American Legion Mall featuring a beer garden and live entertainment.
- The St. Patrick's Day Parade, presented by the Hoosier Lottery, will begin at 11:30 a.m. Irish themed floats, local school marching bands, pipe and drum bands, Irish dancers, catholic schools and other local organizations will participate in the parade.
- The Parade and Tent Party are free and open to the public.
- Athletic Club Foundation and event leadership will be available for on-site media interviews beginning at 6 a.m. Please contact Molly Linehan with interview requests: firstname.lastname@example.org.
29th Annual 5K Shamrock Run & Parade Walk
- The Athletic Club Foundation and the Indianapolis Firefighters Emerald Society will host the 2022 Shamrock Run and Parade Walk on Saturday, March 19 at 11 a.m.
- The run and walk will begin at the IFD Union Hall Local 416 located at 748 Massachusetts Ave.
- Registration is required to participate in the event. Individuals and groups can register at this link. Participants will receive a 317 inspired Adidas performance race shirt and a St. Pat's finisher's medal.
The Annual Shamrock Run & Parade Walk, along with the Hoosier Lottery Greening of the Canal and St. Patrick's Day Parade, are the Athletic Club Foundation's biggest fundraisers of the year. Proceeds from the events will directly support the Foundation's efforts to help local youth by investing in amateur athletic programs in Indiana.
Learn more about The Athletic Club Foundation and the St. Patrick's Day Celebrations.
About The Athletic Club Foundation
The Athletic Club Foundation is an all-volunteer non-profit organization that supports youth by investing in amateur athletic programs in Indiana. Since its inception the Foundation has awarded over $350,000 in grants and impacts over 2000 kids each year.
About The Hoosier Lottery
For over 30 years, Hoosier Lottery distributions have benefited every county throughout Indiana. The Hoosier Lottery has contributed more than $6 billion to good causes, including $30 million to local police and firefighters' pensions and $30 million to the Teachers' Retirement Fund annually. The Hoosier Lottery has earned World Lottery Association Level 4 Certification through 2024 for achieving the highest level of responsible gaming. To learn more about the Hoosier Lottery, visit HoosierLottery.com/GivingBack and follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Download Hoosier Lottery logos here.
Molly Linehan, CVR
email@example.com or 603-508-1097
Bryan Apolskis, Sequence, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-490-4640