RULES AND PROCEDURES GOVERNING THE HOOSIER LOTTERY WHEEL OF FORTUNE 2ND CHANCE PROMOTION
For official signed rules, please click here.
The State Lottery Commission of Indiana (“Hoosier Lottery” or “Lottery”), by its Executive Director, hereby promulgates these rules and procedures (“Official Rules”) governing the Wheel of Fortune 2nd Chance Promotion (“Promotion”), authorized pursuant to 65 IAC 1-7-1. This Promotion is open to players who become eligible for participation by complying with these rules and procedures.
This Promotion will be conducted to support the $5 Wheel of Fortune Fast Play game (game number 0155) launching July 16, 2023, and the $2 Wheel of Fortune Scratch-off game (game number 2512) launching August 1, 2023. This Promotion will award five (5) winners of a Grand Prize Trip Package (each winner a "Grand Prize Winner"). Each Grand Prize Winner is entitled to participate in the Mega Money Maker Event (the "Event"). The Hoosier Lottery will be partnering with IGT Global Solutions Corporation (“Contractor”) who will be responsible for the fulfillment of the Grand Prize as well as all coordination and fulfillment of the Event.
B. PROMOTION PERIOD
The Promotion Period begins at 4:30 am (ET) on Sunday, July 16, 2023, and the Promotion entry deadline will be at 11:59 pm (ET) on Monday, November 27, 2023.
C. DRAWINGS AND PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
1. The drawing for this Promotion will be conducted by the Hoosier Lottery in accordance with all applicable statutes, rules and drawing procedures.
2. Promotion drawing will occur on or about the following date for the listed prizes:
Wheel of Fortune 2nd Chance Drawing
Drawing Date (on or about):
Number of Winners:
Monday, November 27, 2023 at 11:59 pm (ET)
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Wheel of Fortune Grand Prize Trip Package. (Gross Estimated Value: Six thousand eight hundred ten dollars and eighty-seven cents ($6,810.87)).
3. Each eligible Grand Prize Winner shall receive the following:
- Round trip airfare for two (2) from any major commercial continental US airport, to and from Los Angeles, CA;
- Ground transportation for two (2) to and from the Los Angeles airport and hotel;
- Three (3) nights deluxe hotel accommodations for two (2) in the Los Angeles area;
- A tour of Sony Studios for two (2);
- A bus tour of Hollywood for two (2);
- Five hundred dollars ($500) spending money;
- Two (2) studio audience tickets to a taping of Wheel of Fortune; and
- Two (2) tickets to one (1) Event, where the Grand Prize Winner will spin the Wheel of Fortune and have a chance to win a cash prize from two thousand dollars ($2,000) up to a potential one million dollars ($1,000,000) (collectively a "Grand Prize Trip Package").
4. The Event shall be part of a multi-state lottery promotion and attending grand prize trip winners from other state lotteries (collectively and with the attending Grand Prize Winner, the "Multistate Winners") shall participate in the Event. During the Event, each Multistate Winner shall have the opportunity to win a minimum cash prize of two thousand dollars ($2,000), with one Multistate Winner having the opportunity to win up to one million dollars ($1,000,000). The Event shall consist of the following:
- Round l: Each Multistate Winner will spin the Wheel of Fortune having wedges with dollar amounts ranging from two thousand dollars ($2,000) to twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) and will win the cash prize amount on the wedge where the spin stops. The cash prize will be revealed by the Multistate Player picking up the wedge, turning it over, and revealing it to the crowd.
- Round 2 – Bonus Wheel Round: Each Multistate Winner's name will be placed into a drawing drum. Twelve (12) Multistate Winners' names will be randomly selected. The Wheel of Fortune Bonus Wheel will have twelve (12) envelopes each containing a card. Each of the twelve (12) randomly selected Multistate Winners will select one (1) envelope. Three (3) envelopes will contain a card that indicates a multiplier of two times (2x). Three (3) envelopes will contain a card that indicates a multiplier of three times (3x). Each Multistate Winner that selects one of these envelopes will have the cash prize amount they won in Round 1 multiplied by two (2) or three (3), respectively, and that amount will be their cash prize. Three (3) envelopes will contain a card that indicates an additional cash prize, ranging from twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) to thirty thousand dollars ($30,000). Three (3) envelopes will contain a card that awards a Mystery Wedge, which advances those Multistate Winners to the Puzzleboard round and awards a multiplier or additional cash prize.
- Round 3 – Puzzleboard Round: The Wheel of Fortune Puzzleboard ("Puzzleboard") will appear with the words “Wheel of Fortune Mega Money Maker” illuminated. A final drawing will occur to establish the order in which the remaining three (3) Multistate Winners will approach the Puzzleboard and select three (3) individual letters from the phrase “Wheel of Fortune Mega Money Maker.” Each individual letter will either reveal an additional cash prize amount from ten thousand dollars ($10,000) to one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) or will have “Mega,” “Money,” or “Maker” associated with that letter. If the selected letters have a prize value assigned to them, the player will win the cumulative value of each of the three letters and their winnings from Rounds 1 and 2. If the player selects the three letters representing “Mega,” Money,” and “Maker” (in that order), they will win the top prize of one million dollars ($1,000,000).
- In the event that more than one (1) Multistate Winner has the same cumulative amount at the end of Round 3, those Multistate Winners shall each spin the Wheel one (1) time. The Wheel shall be covered and contain different cash values. The Multistate Winner who lands on the highest cash value shall be declared the Finalist and proceed to Round 4. Should the players land on the same value during the spinoff, they will continue spinning until one player lands on a higher value. Any values landed on in this additional wheel spin will not be added to the Finalist’s amount heading into Round 4.
- Round 4 – Final Round: If any Multistate Winner wins the top prize, gameplay will conclude. If no player wins the top prize, the player with the highest cumulative amount after Round 3 will be the Finalist (“Finalist”) and will proceed to the Mega Money Maker round. The Finalist will spin the Wheel of Fortune to reveal a multiplier of 1X, 2X, 3X or 5X. The multiplier will be revealed by the Multistate Player picking up the wedge, turning it over, and revealing it to the crowd. The Finalist’s cumulative prize will be multiplied by the multiplier on the wedge the spin stops at and that will be their total cash prize.
- If the Grand Prize Winner or transferee is unable to attend the Event, a designee appointed by the Grand Prize Winner may fill in as a proxy at the Event. In the Event that a Grand Prize Winner is unable to appoint a proxy, an IGT representative shall fill in as a proxy for the Grand Prize winner at the Event. Any cash prize won by any such proxy shall be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner who appointed the proxy or on whose behalf the proxy was appointed.
- This Promotion is open to players eighteen (18) years of age or older who have a current myLOTTERY account.
- A player may enter the Promotion more than once as long as each entry is with a unique non-winning $2 Wheel of Fortune Scratch-off ticket or a non-winning $5 Wheel of Fortune Fast Play ticket. However, only one (1) prize per household will be allowed.
- State Lottery Commission of Indiana, or any other participating Lottery members, officers, and employees and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such Lottery member, officer, or employee are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Members, directors, officers, or employees of a major procurement vendor of the Hoosier Lottery, including IGT Indiana, LLC, and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Owners, officers, directors, or employees of licensed Hoosier Lottery retailers may not enter tickets sold at any retail location where they are employed or have management responsibilities.
- Employees of Contractor, and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
E. HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, a player must go to the Hoosier Lottery app or hoosierlottery.com and sign into their myLOTTERY account. If a player does not have a myLOTTERY account, they must select “Create an Account” to register and complete the myLOTTERY account sign up, which is free.
- The player must follow the instructions for entering non-winning $2 Wheel of Fortune Scratch-off ticket(s) or a non-winning $5 Wheel of Fortune Fast Play ticket(s). For the purposes of this Promotion, a “non-winning ticket” is defined as a ticket, validly purchased from a Hoosier Lottery retailer location or purchased or received directly from the Hoosier Lottery, which does not have a winning prize combination.
- Entries may be captured in two (2) ways:
- Via the Hoosier Lottery app by scanning the barcode of an eligible, non-winning $2 Wheel of Fortune Scratch-off or $5 Wheel of Fortune Fast Play ticket
- Manually by entering:
- The barcode number of an eligible, non-winning $2 Wheel of Fortune Scratch-off found on the back of the ticket followed by the 6-character alphanumeric entry code found under the scratch-off material covering the game play data area
- The 23-digit number above the barcode on an eligible non-winning $5 Wheel of Fortune Fast Play ticket
- An automated “Thank You” page will notify the player of a completed entry into the Promotion. The “Thank You” notification is only evidence that an entry has been received and does not indicate that the entry is valid.
- All non-winning tickets whose numbers are submitted as a Promotion entry must be retained. In order to claim a prize, the claimant will be required to present the physical ticket to the Hoosier Lottery. The ticket must be intact and must not be mutilated, defaced, damaged, altered, reconstituted or tampered with in any manner.
- Each entry must contain current and valid information. The Hoosier Lottery will not change or update entry information for an entry that has already been submitted.
- All entries that are submitted in the manner as described in these Official Rules will be eligible for entry in this Promotion. Hand delivered or mailed in entries will not be accepted for this Promotion and will be deemed invalid and destroyed.
F. ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of valid entries entered at the time of a drawing.
G. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND CLAIMING OF PRIZE
- Winning entries drawn for this Promotion will be notified in writing via email and/or via phone if phone number is provided. Winners who fail to complete and return all requested forms within ten (10) business days will automatically forfeit their prize and the next alternate will be selected.
- Upon timely presentation of winner information, the entry will be validated and eligibility will be verified as described in Section D (“Eligibility”).
- If any entry is disqualified during the initial drawing or in the winner notification process, the next alternate will be contacted by Hoosier Lottery. In the event that all alternate entries are exhausted as described above, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. Alternates have ten (10) business days to respond.
- Once Winner Verification and Winner Authorization are complete, winner information will be posted on hoosierlottery.com.
- Prizes awarded during this Promotion are not transferable or assignable.
- For winners of this Promotion, the Lottery is required to determine if a prize winner has an outstanding debt to the state, owes delinquent taxes, or is past due on child support pursuant to IC 4-30-11-11. If a debt is discovered, the winner will be required to pay the balance prior to the claim deadline. If the player does not pay the outstanding debt, they will forfeit the prize and an alternate will be contacted.
- Each Promotion winner may be required to participate in publicity and marketing efforts. Examples include, but are not limited to, an interview with Hoosier Lottery individuals, television, radio and/or newspaper reporters and/or photographers/videographers. This information may be used in future media, the Hoosier Lottery’s website, in store Point of Purchase materials or other marketing efforts without additional consent or compensation to the Promotion winner.
- Promotion winners & any guests traveling will be required to sign travel releases provided by the Lottery prior to any travel.
H. GENERAL RULES, FULFILLMENT, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- After each Grand Prize Trip Package Winner is verified by the Lottery, Contractor shall contact the winner within ten (10) business days to begin making travel arrangements.
- Travel accommodations for the Grand Prize Trip Package Winner and guest shall consist of two (2) round trip coach class tickets booked on a major airline, as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration, to and from Los Angeles, CA, from any major commercial continental United States airport.
- The Grand Prize Trip Package Winner shall be obligated to comply with all other terms and requirements of the Grand Prize Trip Package including any and all protocols set in place by Sony.
- The Grand Prize Trip Package shall also include one (1) double occupancy deluxe room at a Los Angeles, CA hotel for three (3) nights, ground transportation to and from the Los Angeles airports and hotels and five hundred dollars ($500.00) spending money.
- The Grand Prize Trip Package does not include: mileage, insurance, gratuities, meals, parking fees, departure fees, excess baggage fees, alcoholic beverages, any items not expressly specified and personal expenses such as telephone calls, valet service, laundry and the like, as well as revision or cancellation fees which may be charged by the hotel or other suppliers.
- Unless otherwise specified by Lottery, if the Grand Prize Trip Package Winner fails to arrive for the scheduled flight or fails to check into the hotel, the balance of the Grand Prize Trip Package shall be forfeited, with the exception of the five hundred dollars ($500.00) spending money. The Lottery will choose a proxy in place of the player for the Event.
- The winner, designee or guest must have a valid credit card or shall be required to post cash deposits for incidentals in order to check into the hotel, unless other arrangements are made directly with the hotel.
- During the Grand Prize Trip Package claiming period, Contractor shall provide the Lottery with notification of the travel schedule of the Grand Prize Trip Package Winners. At the end of the Grand Prize Trip Package claiming period, Contractor shall provide the Lottery with an accounting of the Grand Prize Trip Packages that are fulfilled, including the name and address of the winners and the dates of travel.
- The Lottery shall withhold and deposit all applicable federal and state withholding taxes on behalf of the Grand Prize Trip Package Winners based upon the estimated trip value of five thousand dollars ($5,000). The Lottery shall prepare the W-2G/l099 forms for the Grand Prize Trip Package Winners and shall submit copies of the completed forms to the appropriate tax agencies along with the prize winners subject to collection of the personal information necessary to complete the forms.
- Contractor or affiliate shall withhold and deposit all applicable federal and state withholding taxes on behalf of any Grand Prize Trip Package Winner that is awarded a cash prize at the Event. Contractor or affiliate shall prepare the W-2G/l099 forms for the Grand Prize Trip Package Winners and shall submit copies of the completed forms to the appropriate tax agencies along with the prize winners and the Lottery, subject to collection of the personal information necessary to complete the forms.
- Neither Contractor, IGT Indiana, nor the Lottery shall be responsible for any additional taxes that may become due when the winner files a tax return as required by applicable law.
- The rules and procedures set forth in these Official Rules shall govern this Promotion. These rules may be amended at any time by the Executive Director or her designee of the Hoosier Lottery without advance notice.
- The Executive Director or her designee may, at any time, announce a suspension or termination of this Promotion, without advance notice and in the Executive Director’s sole discretion, at which point no further entries will be accepted and no additional Prizes shall be awarded. The Hoosier Lottery, the Executive Director, nor any employee of the Hoosier Lottery, IGT Indiana or member of the State Lottery Commission of Indiana shall have any liability whatsoever for any such termination.
- By participating in the Promotion each person agrees to comply with and abide by Indiana law, rules, and regulations as well as the terms and conditions of the Lottery website and all final decisions, policies, or procedures of the Hoosier Lottery in relation to the conduct of this Promotion. Any dispute arising which relates to any aspect of this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of Indiana.
- The Hoosier Lottery and its agents are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, failure to receive entry, winner information, or other contest information for any reason whatsoever.
- The Hoosier Lottery is not responsible for issues with account accessibility or Promotion entries due to technical problems associated to software, hardware compatibility or internet access.
- The liability of the Hoosier Lottery for failure to enter any person into this Promotion, for any improper operation or conduct of this Promotion, or for the failure of any person to win a prize in this Promotion is limited to entry of the aggrieved person in another promotional drawing with prizes of similar value. Each participant in this Promotion agrees by the act of participating in this Promotion to this limitation of liability.
- By entering this Promotion, all Promotion participants agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against the Hoosier Lottery and any of the affiliates, associates, directors, officers, agents, representatives and assigns of the Hoosier Lottery arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in any way connected with, this Promotion or the prizes awarded in connection therewith.
All of which is EXECUTED and ORDERED this 13th day of July, 2023.