POWERBALL FIRST MILLIONAIRE OF THE YEAR PROMOTION (2021-22) CELEBRATE@HOME PRIZE DESCRIPTION
For the official PDF, please click here.
The “Celebrate@Home” New Year’s Eve party package (“ Prize”) will provide the recipient (“Winner”) with all of the necessities and more to throw an epic New Year’s Eve celebration at home and to participate remotely as one (1) of five (5) finalists in the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year drawing for $1 Million (“$1 Million Prize”) to be conducted shortly after midnight on January 1, 2022, during the live television broadcast of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve on ABC (“Program”). The Prize shall include the following elements:
- Cash prize in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000);
- Deluxe surf and turf dinner for eight (8) people from Omaha Steaks;
- 70" LED television (to watch the live broadcast of the Program), including a home theater sound system and installation;
- Premium 15.5” laptop computer plus 20 mega-pixel digital camera, on-camera microphone, 19” ringlight, laptop stand, and other accessories, including home set-up
- Gift certificate to Party City in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars ($500);
- Premium beverage package from a retailer local to Winner, with a retail value of Five Hundred Dollars ($500);
- Top-tier Karaoke system; and
- Two (2) gift bags, each with a retail value of at least Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250).
- Plus, an entry in the third annual Powerball First Millionaire of the Year drawing for the $1 Million Prize.
Each Prize has an approximate retail value of Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000). Winner shall not be obligated to host or have a New Year’s Eve celebration at his/her residence to participate in the drawing for, and to remain eligible to win, the $1 Million Prize. However, Winner must agree to (i) participate and appear in the Program via remote video transmission from his/her residence or another local location to be determined by the provider of the Prize (“Prize Provider”) in its sole discretion, subject to a background check, execution of an appearance release, and all then-current federal, state, and/or local government and/or agency, network, or Prize Provider laws, regulations, restrictions, guidelines, and/or protocols (collectively, “Production Requirements”); OR (ii) appoint a proxy (or have a proxy appointed) to participate and appear in the Program via remote video transmission in place of Winner, subject to the proxy’s satisfying the Production Requirements. In such event, Winner will still receive all elements of the Prize (unless Winner elects to give them to his or her proxy) and shall remain eligible to win the $1 Million Prize.
- If Winner appoints a proxy, the proxy must also satisfy the Production Requirements in order to participate in the broadcast of the Program. In the event that Winner’s designated proxy does not satisfy the Production Requirements, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to (i) allow Winner to appoint another proxy to appear in the Program in Winner’s place (subject to Prize Provider’s production schedule and deadlines and satisfying the Production Requirements); or (ii) to appoint another proxy (selected by Prize Provider) to appear in the Program in Winner’s place.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Winner’s eligibility to participate in the Program and/or the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is not affected by Winner’s failure to satisfy the Production Requirements and/or by any information obtained pursuant to a background check, but those failures may affect the nature of Winner’s appearance and/or degree of participation in the Program. While Winner’s eligibility to participate in the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is an element of the Prize, the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program is expressly not an element of the Prize and is determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the Program for Winner for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Winner’s eligibility for the $1 Million Prize.