POWERBALL FIRST MILLIONAIRE OF THE YEAR PROMOTION (2022-23)
TRIP PRIZE DESCRIPTION
For official signed rules, please click here.
The Trip Prize consists of a four-day, three-night VIP trip for the winner ("Winner") and one (1) guest to New York City, NY ("NYC"), from approximately December 29, 2022, to January 1, 2023, to participate in a drawing for a prize in the amount of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) ("$1 Million Prize") to be conducted shortly after midnight on January 1, 2023, during the live television broadcast of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve on ABC ("Program"). The Trip Prize shall include the following elements:
- Round-trip, first-class airline transportation for two (2) people from the major airport nearest Winner's city to NYC (if within 250 miles of NYC, rail or ground transportation to be substituted);
- Three (3) nights' hotel accommodations at a Times Square hotel (selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion) in NYC (double occupancy, room and tax only);
- Two (2) tickets to a welcome dinner at a venue to be selected by Producer on December 29, 2022;
- Two (2) tickets for an exclusive entertainment experience to be determined by Produccer (e.g., Broadway show, holiday dinner cruise on the Hudson River, etc.) on December 30, 2022;
- Two (2) tickets for an exclusive New Year's Eve dinner and entertainment with other Trip Prize winners and their guests;
- Two (2) gift bags, each with a retail value of at least Three Hundred Fifty Dollars ($350);
- All meals while in NYC, including the Welcome Dinner on December 29, 2022, and the NYE dinner on December 30, 2022;
- Spending money in the amount of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000); and
- Ground transportation to and from airports, hotel, and activities in NYC.
- Winner shall not be required to travel to NYC to participate in the drawing for, and to remain eligible to win, the $1 Million Prize. Winner may appoint a proxy to take the trip instead, subject to the Trip Prize Terms and Conditions, but Winner will still remain eligible to win the $1 Million Prize.
Winner (or his/her proxy) may also have the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program, provided that
- Winner completes and signs all required releases and forms and consents to a background check. If Winner appoints a proxy, the proxy must complete and sign all required releases and clear the background check in order to take the trip. In the event that Winner's designated proxy does not clear the background check, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to (i) allow Winner to appoint another proxy to take the trip (subject to background clearance and Prize Provider deadlines); or (ii) allow proxy to travel and to appoint a second proxy (selected by Prize Provider) to participate in the Program.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Winner's eligibility to participate in the trip and/or the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is not affected by Winner's failure to complete and sign all required release and forms and/or to consent to a background check and/or by any information obtained pursuant to a background check, but those failures may affect the nature of his/her appearance and/or degree of participation in the Program. While Winner's eligibility to participate in the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is an element of the Trip Prize, the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program is expressly NOT an element of the Trip Prize and is determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the Program for Winner for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Winner's eligibility for the $1 Million Prize.