THE HOOSIER LOTTERY POWERBALL® FIRST MILLIONAIRE OF THE YEAR 2ND CHANCE PROMOTION RULES (2021-2022)
For the official PDF, please click here.
The State Lottery Commission of lndiana ("Hoosier Lottery" or "Lottery"), by its Executive Director, hereby promulgates these rules and procedures ("Official Rules") governing the Powerball First Millionaire of the Year 2nd Chance Promotion ("Promotion"), authorized pursuant to 65 IAC I-7-1. This Promotion is open to players who become eligible for participation by complying with these rules and procedures.
The Promotion will be conducted to support the Hoosier Lottery Powerball Draw game. The Lottery is working with MUSL (Multi-State Lottery Association) and dick clark productions (dcp) who will be responsible for the prize fulfillment for finalists and general coordination of this Promotion. Semifinalist drawings will award each of the thirty-eight (38) winners ("semifinalists") five hundred dollars ($500) and an entry into a MUSL-run drawing which will select a total of five (5) finalists across all participating lotteries ("Semifinalist Prize").
Finalists will receive a New Year's Eve Celebrate@Home prize package ("Finalist Prize"). In addition to the Finalist Prize, finalists may have the opportunity to appear on the live broadcast of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve ("Program") and shall participate in drawing for a prize in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) ("$1M Prize") to be held just after midnight during the broadcast of the Program.
B. PROMOTION PERIOD
The Promotion Period begins at 4:30 am (ET) on Sunday, May 23, 2021, and ends at 11 :59 pm (ET) on the final entry deadline, which will be Monday, June 21, 2021.
C. DRAWINGS AND PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
- The drawings for this Promotion will be conducted in accordance with all applicable statutes, rules, and drawing procedures.
- Promotion drawings will occur on or about the following days for the Semifinalist Prize(s):
||Drawing Date (on or about)
||Number of Prizes
|Monday, June 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET)
||Wednesday; June 9, 2021
||Five Hundred Dollars ($500)
|Monday, June 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET)
||Wednesday; June 16, 2021
||Five Hundred Dollars ($500)
|Monday, June 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET)
||Wednesday; June 23, 2021
||Five Hundred Dollars ($500)
- The thirty-eight (38) semifinalists will receive five hundred dollars ($500) as part of the Semifinalist Prize.
- As part of the Semifinalist Prize, the thirty-eight (38) semifinalists' names will also be sent to MUSL for a MUSL-run drawing to be held on or about November 5, 2021,
which will result in the selection of five (5) finalists from all participating lotteries.
- The five (5) finalists shall receive the Finalist Prize which has an approximate retail value of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) and consists of the following elements:
- Cash prize in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000);
- Deluxe surf and turf dinner for eight (8) people from Omaha Steaks;
- 70" LED television (to watch live broadcast of the Program), including a home theater sound system and installation;
- Premium 15.5" laptop computer plus 20 mega-pixel digital camera, on-camera microphone, 19" ringlight, laptop stand, and other accessories, including home set-up;
- Five hundred dollars ($500) to spend at Party City;
- Premium beverage package from a retailer local to finalist, with a retail value of five hundred dollars ($500);
- Top-tier Karaoke system; and
- Two (2) gift bags, each with a retail value of at least two hundred fifty dollars ($250). Plus, an entry to the third annual Powerball First Millionaire of the Year drawing for the $1M Prize.
- Finalists must agree to participate in and appear on the Program via a remote link from a location to be determined by dcp in its sole discretion. This location may not necessarily be the finalist's home but will be local to the finalist's residence.
- Finalists will be eligible to participate in a drawing for the $1M Prize during the broadcast of the Program.
- Finalist Prizes are subject to additional terms and conditions contained in the Powerball First Millionaire of The Year Promotion (2021-22) Prize Description ("Prize Description") and Prize terms and conditions ("Prize Terms") as attached to these Official Rules, and other documentation that may be provided by MUSL or dcp following selection of the finalists. If there is a conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and the Prize Description or Prize Terms, the language in the Prize Description or Prize Terms shall prevail. The Prize Description and Prize Terms are incorporated by reference into these Official Rules.
- This Promotion is open to players eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- A player may enter the Promotion more than once as long as each entry is with a unique qualified non-winning Powerball ticket. However, only one (I) Semifinalist Prize per household may be selected in the Hoosier Lottery drawings as a winner in this Promotion.
- The State Lottery Commission of Indiana, or any other participating lottery, and its members, officers, and employees and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such lottery member, officer, or employees are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Members, directors, officers, or employees of a major procurement vendor of the Lottery, including IGT Indiana, LLC ("IGT"), and any relative(s) residing in the
same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Owners, officers, directors, or employees of licensed Lottery retailers may not enter tickets sold at any retail location where they are employed or have management responsibilities.
- Officers, directors, members, managers, employees, contractors, of MUSL, dcp, and American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and/or affiliated entities, and the immediate family and/or household members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Entries that are submitted in the manner as described in these Official Rules will be eligible for entry in this Promotion. Hand-delivered and mailed in entries will not be accepted for this Promotion and will be deemed invalid and destroyed.
- Void where prohibited.
E. HOW TO ENTER
F. ODDS OF WINNING
- To enter, a player must go to www.hoosierlottery.com or the Lottery app and sign into the player's myLOTTERY account. If the player does not have a myLOTTERY account, the player must select "Register" to register and complete the myLOTTERY account free sign-up.
- Entries will be captured in two (2) different ways:
- Via the Lottery app by scanning the barcode of any qualified non-winning Powerball ticket.
- Manually by entering the barcode number of any qualified non-winning Powerball ticket via www.hoosierlottery.com.
- The player must follow the instructions for entering Hoosier Lottery Powerball ticket(s). For the purposes of this Promotion, a qualified ticket is defined as a non-winning ticket validly purchased from a Lottery retailer location or purchased or received directly from the Lottery, which was purchased during the Promotion Period and for which all drawings are complete (including multi-draw tickets).
- Each valid, qualified non-winning Powerball ticket will include a nineteen (19) digit serial number and must originate from the Lottery in order to be entered into the Promotion. The Lottery will evaluate each draw entry to determine eligibility.
- Each qualified non-winning Powerball ticket is valid for one (1) entry into the Promotion. If a ticket with multiple plays contains a winning play, the ticket is NOT eligible for entry into the Promotion. Multiple plays on one (I) ticket constitutes one (1) entry into the Promotion.
- Notification of entry is only evidence that an entry has been received and does not indicate that the entry is valid.
- Each entry must contain current and valid information. The Lottery will not change or update any entry information for any entry that has been submitted.
- Entrants will be required to retain their tickets and submit the eligible non-winning ticket as verification of a winning entry. The ticket must be intact and not mutilated, defaced, damaged, altered, reconstituted, or tampered with.
- Entries selected as alternates will be returned to the pool for future drawings of this Promotion if not selected as a semifinalist at the time of the next drawing.
G. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND CLAIMING OF PRIZE
- The odds of winning a Semifinalist Prize are dependent upon the total number of entries in each drawing of this Promotion.
- The odds of winning a Finalist Prize are one (1) in seven hundred thirty nine (739).
- The odds of winning the $1M Prize are one (1) in five (5).
H. MILLION DOLLAR DRAWING
- Winning semifinalists will be notified in writing via email and/or via phone if phone number is provided. Semifinalists who fail to complete and return all Requested forms, including eligible Powerball ticket, within ten (I 0) business days will automatically forfeit their Semifinalist Prize and the next alternate will be selected.
- Upon timely presentation of winner information, the entry will be validated, and eligibility will be verified as described in Section D ("Eligibility").
- If any entry is disqualified during the initial drawing or in the winner notification process, the next alternate will be contacted by the Hoosier Lottery. Alternates have ten (10) business days to respond. If all alternate entries are exhausted after the Lottery follows the process in this Section G(3), the corresponding Semifinalist Prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
- Once winner verification and winner authorization are complete, semifinalist information will be posted to www.hoosierlottery.com.
- The Lottery will provide to MUSL the semifinalists' names no later than November 2, 2021.
- MUSL will randomly select five (5) finalists through a digital draw system from the names of all semifinalists provided by all partiicipating lotteries.
- MUSL will provide the names of the finalists to dcp, and dcp will conduct background checks, arrange for execution of releases and other documents, and manage fulfillment of the Finalist Prizes.
- No prize element substitution, cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of the Finalist Prize or any elements thereof is permitted. Any unused elements of the Finalist Prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- MUSL and dcp may make exceptions to this item as set forth in the Prize Terms and/or Prize Description.
- Finalists who decline the Finalist Prize shall not be subject to tax reporting and withholding.
- For finalists, the Lottery is required to determine if such finalist has an outstanding debt to the state, owes delinquent taxes, or is past due on child support pursuant to IC 4-30-1-1-11. If a debt is discovered, the finalist will be required to pay the balance prior to the claim deadline. If the finalist does not pay the outstanding debt, the finalist will forfeit the Finalist Prize and an alternate will be contacted.
- Finalists may be required to participate in publicity and marketing efforts with both the Lottery and dcp. Examples include, but are not limited to, an interview with Lottery individuals, television, radio and/or newspaper reporters, and/or photographers/videographers. This information may be used in future media, the Lottery's website, in-store point of purchase materials, or other marketing efforts
without additional consent or compensation to the finalist(s).
- Finalist Prize may include other non-prize elements provided by dcp, such as the opportunity to appear on the Program and/or another nationally televised programs. Finalists and guests will be asked to complete background checks and sign appearance releases in order to participate in the Program. Failure to do so may affect the winner's ability to appear on the Program. The opportunity to appear in any such Program is at the sole discretion of dcp and its partners.
I. GENERAL RULES AND PROVISIONS
- Finalists will be eligible for the drawing for the $1M Prize in accordance with the prize description and prize terms.
- If the winner of the $1M Prize is a semifinalist selected under these Official Rules, the Lottery will determine if the winner has an outstanding debt to the state, owes delinquent taxes, or is past due on child support pursuant to IC 4-30-11-11. If a debt is discovered, the winner will be required to pay the balance prior to the claim deadline. If the winner does not pay the outstanding debt, the winner will forfeit the Prize and an alternate will be contacted.
- All applicable state and federal taxes will be withheld from the $1M Prize. Taxes withheld are the minimum and the winner may be responsible for any additional taxes on the $1M Prize.
- The rules and procedures set forth in these Official Rules (including the Prize Terms and the Prize Description) shall govern this Promotion. These rules may be amended at any time by the Executive Director of the Lottery or her designee without advance notice.
- If a finalist comes from the Lottery's semifinalists, the Lottery will deposit state taxes on behalf of each finalist and provide W2-G forms. Any additional costs, taxes, including state and federal taxes, fees and expenses associated with the acceptance of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Executive Director or her designee may, at any time, announce a suspension or termination of this Promotion, without advance notice and in the Executive Director's sole discretion, at which point no further entries will be accepted and no additional Semifinalist Prizes shall be awarded. None of the Lottery, IGT, MUSL, dcp, the Executive Director, an employee of any of the foregoing, or a member of the State Lottery Commission of lndiana shall have any liability whatsoever for any such termination.
- By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees to comply with and abide by Indiana laws, rules, and regulations, as well as the terms and conditions of the Lottery website and app and all final decisions, policies, and procedures of the Lottery in relation to the conduct of this Promotion. Any dispute arising from this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of Indiana.
- The Lottery, IGT, MUSL, dcp, their respective parent, affiliate, and/or subsidiary entities and each of their respective officers, directors, members, managers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, and assigns ("Released Parties") are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, failure to receive entry, semifinalist, finalist, and/or winner information, or other promotion information for any reason whatsoever.
- The Lottery and its agents are not responsible for issues with account accessibility or Promotion entries due to technical problems associated with software, hardware compatibility, or Internet access.
- The liability of the Released Parties for failure to enter any person into this Promotion, for any improper operation or conduct of this Promotion, or for the failure of any person to win a prize in this Promotion is limited to entry of the aggrieved person in another promotional drawing with prizes of similar value. Each participant in this Promotion agrees by the act of participating in this Promotion to the limitation of liability.
- By entering this Promotion, all Promotion participants agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against the Released Parties arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in any way connected with this Promotion or the prizes awarded in connection therewith.
All which is executed this 13th day of May 2021.
Carrie B. Stroud, CPA Chief of Staff
State Lottery Commission of lndiana