RULES AND PROCEDURES GOVERNING THE JAMES BOND LOTTERY CHALLENGE 2nd CHANCE PROMOTION
For official signed rules, please click here
The State Lottery Commission of Indiana ("Hoosier Lottery" or "Lottery"), by its Executive Director, hereby promulgates these rules and procedures ("Official Rules") governing the James Bond 007™ 2nd Chance Promotion ("Promotion"), authorized pursuant to 65 IAC 1-7-1. This Promotion is open to players who become eligible for participation by complying with these rules and procedures.
This Promotion will be conducted to support the $2 Hoosier Lottery James Bond 007 Scratch-off game (game number 2356). The Hoosier Lottery is partnering with MDI who will be responsible for prize fulfillment and general coordination of this Promotion. Scientific Games International, Inc. (SOI) is responsible for James Bond Lottery Challenge related to this Promotion. Drawings will award winners an opportunity to participate in a five-day, four-night trip for the prizewinners (each, a "Prizewinner") and one (1) guest to Las Vegas, Nevada to occur during Calendar Year 2021.
- PROMOTION PERIOD
The Promotional Period begins at 4:30 am (ET) on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 and ends at 11:59 pm (ET) on the final entry deadline, which will be on Monday, November 2, 2020
- DRAWINGS AND PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
- The drawing for this Promotion will be conducted by the Hoosier Lottery in accordance with all applicable statutes, rules and drawing procedures.
- Promotion drawing will occur on or about the following day for the listed prizes:
|JAMES BOND Lottery Challenge 2nd Chance Drawings
||Drawing Date (on or about):
||Number of Winners:
|Monday, November 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm (ET)
||Wednesday, November 4, 2020
||James Bond Lottery Challenge Trip Prize. Gross Value: Seven thousand, five hundred dollars ($7,500).
3. The James Bond Lottery Challenge Trip Prize includes:
(a) Roundtrip coach airfare for up to two (2) people from any U.S. International airport to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas (inclusive of all associated security fees, taxes and surcharges). It is the responsibility of the Prizewinner to comply with the REAL ID Act to the extent such Act is applicable to Prizewinner's air travel;
(b) Ground transfers between McCarran International Airport and the destination hotel and between MDI hosted events;
(c) Accommodations of one (1) deluxe hotel room for four (4) nights (double occupancy, room and room tax only);
(d) One thousand dollars ($1,000) spending money for the Prizewinners to be provided two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled trip departure date;
(e) Admission to the James Bond Lottery Challenge theater/venue for the Prizewinners and guests. Each Prizewinner shall have one (1) chance to participate in the James Bond Lottery Challenge, which includes two (2) events. The first event (Stage Show Event) provides each Prize winner with a chance to win from one thousand dollars ($1,000) up to one million dollars ($1,000,000). The second event (Bonus Event) provides each Prizewinner with a chance to win up to one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000). The James Bond Lottery Challenge is scheduled to occur during Calendar Year 2021.
- This Promotion is open to players eighteen (18) years of age or older who have a current myLOTTERY account in good standing.
- A player may enter the Promotion more than once as long as each entry is with a unique non-winning $2 JAMES BOND 007™ Scratch-off ticket. However, only one (1) prize per household will be allowed.
- State Lottery Commission of Indiana, or any other participating lottery, members, officers, and employees and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such lottery member, officer, or employee are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Members, directors, officers, or employees of a major procurement vendor of the Hoosier Lottery, including IGT Indiana, LLC, and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion, or for any jurisdiction participating in the James Bond Lottery Challenge.
- Owners, officers, directors, or employees of licensed Hoosier Lottery retailers may not enter tickets sold at any retail location where they are employed or have management responsibilities.
- Employees of MDI and SGI, and any relative(s) residing in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, a player must go to hoosierlottery.com and sign into the player's myLOTTERY account. If a player does not have a myLOTTERY account, the player must select "CREATE AN ACCOUNT" to register and complete the myLOTTERY account sign up, which is free.
- Entries may be captured in two (2) ways:
- Via the Hoosier Lottery app by scanning the barcode of a unique qualified non-winning Scratch-off ticket, or
- Manually by entering the barcode number of a unique qualified non-winning Scratch-off ticket via hoosierlottery.com.
- The player must follow the instructions for entering non-winning $2 JAMES BOND 007™ Scratch-off ticket(s). For the purposes of this Promotion, a “non-winning ticket” is defined as a ticket, validly purchased from a Hoosier Lottery retailer location or purchased or received directly from the Hoosier Lottery, which does not have a winning prize combination. The player must enter from the front of the ticket the 6-character alphanumeric entry code found under the scratch-off material covering the game play data area.
- An automated “Thank You” page will notify the player of a completed entry into the Promotion. The “Thank You” notification is only evidence that an entry has been received and does not indicate that the entry is valid.
- All non-winning tickets whose numbers are submitted as a Promotion entry must be retained. In order to claim a prize, the entrant will be required to submit the eligible ticket to the Hoosier Lottery. The ticket must be intact and must not be mutilated, defaced, damaged, altered, reconstituted or tampered with in any manner.
- Each entry must contain current and valid information. The Hoosier Lottery will not change or update entry information for an entry that has already been submitted.
- All entries that are submitted in the manner as described in these Official Rules will be eligible for entry in this Promotion. Hand delivered or mailed in entries will not be accepted for this Promotion and will be deemed invalid and destroyed.
- ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of valid entries entered at the time of a drawing.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND CLAIMING OF PRIZE
- Winning entries drawn for this Promotion will be notified in writing via email and/or via phone if phone number is provided. Winners who fail to complete and return all requested forms within five (5) business days will automatically forfeit their prize and the next alternate will be selected.
- Upon timely presentation of winner information, the entry will be validated and eligibility will be verified as described in Section D (“Eligibility”).
- If any entry is disqualified during the initial drawing or in the winner notification process, the next alternate will be contacted by Hoosier Lottery. In the event that all alternate entries are exhausted as described above, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. Alternates have five (5) business days to respond.
- Once Winner Verification and Winner Authorization are complete, winner information will be posted on hoosierlottery.com.
- Prizes awarded during this Promotion are not transferable or assignable.
- For winners of this Promotion, the Lottery is required to determine if a prize winner has an outstanding debt to the state, owes delinquent taxes, or is past due on child support pursuant to IC 4-30-11-11. If a debt is discovered, the winner will be required to pay the balance prior the claim deadline. If the player does not pay the outstanding debt, they will forfeit the prize and an alternate will be contacted.
- Each Promotion winner may be required to participate in publicity and marketing efforts. Examples include, but are not limited to, an interview with Hoosier Lottery individuals, television, radio and/or newspaper reporters and/or photographers/videographers. This information may be used in future media, the Hoosier Lottery’s website, in store Point of Purchase materials or other marketing efforts without additional consent or compensation to the Promotion winner.
- JAMES BOND LOTTERY CHALLENGE PRIZE CONDITIONS
- The Hoosier Lottery Prizewinner (or an assigned proxy) shall participate as a Grand Prize Finalist (“Finalist”) in the in MDl's James Bond Lottery Challenge together with Finalists from other participating lottery jurisdictions. The James Bond Lottery Challenge consists of two (2) events. In the first event, each Finalist will participate in a Stage Show Event (the “Show”) in a series of mini-games for the chance to win cash prizes. There are four (4) rounds (each a “ROUND”). Each ROUND is played separately:
- ROUND 1: "Casino Royale" is a high/low card game using a standard deck of fifty-two (52) playing cards, plus one (1) VILLAIN Card and one (1) JAMES BOND card with cash prizes of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000);
- ROUND 2: "Shaken, Not Stirred:" is a dice game containing two (2) envelopes with prizes of up to five thousand dollars ($5,000), the dice rolls determine the multiplier of the cash values inside each of the envelopes;
- ROUND 3: "Diamonds are Forever" is a wheel spin game on a wheel with twenty-four (24) slices with prizes of up to fifty thousand dollars ($50,000); and
- ROUND 4: "Goldfinger" is a match three (3) game where Finalists will push a gold button in three (3) stages and win up to one million dollars ($1,000,000), minimum cash prize of four hundred seventy five dollars ($475) may be won in this ROUND.
- For the second event, separate from the Show, Finalists will also participate in a Tournament (the "Bonus Event") where they will compete for a bonus cash prize.
- Prizewinner’s guest may sit with the Prizewinner but will not be eligible to be a participant in the James Bond Lottery Challenge unless they have been designated as a Prizewinner’s proxy.
- Prizewinner will be mailed the official event details (the “Event Details”) concerning the James Bond Lottery Challenge prior to their trip departure.
- All Show ROUNDS will be audited by an independent auditor.
- All cash prizes in the James Bond Lottery Challenge are underwritten by either MDI, third parties, or both, and cash prizes of one million dollars ($1,000,000) are annuitized prizes with lump sum options available to the Prizewinner.
- MDI will issue an IRS Tax Form W-2G for the prize amounts won during the James Bond Lottery Challenge and the Bonus Event and provide a copy thereof to the Lottery. All W2-Gs will be received by players no later than the January 31 after any prize is claimed and awarded.
- All prize awards during the James Bond Lottery Challenge are the sole responsibility of MDI and are underwritten by SGI, third parties, or both. Prize awards are not considered won by a Finalist, and are not payable unless and until the third party underwriter (the "Risk Counterparty Representatives") of such prize payouts, SGI's Drawing Manager and the independent auditor certify that the James Bond Lottery Challenge have been conducted appropriately and in accordance with the official James Bond Lottery Challenge event security procedures, that a Finalist has validly won the prize award pursuant to the James Bond Lottery Challenge event, and security procedures and is entitled to receive the prize award, and the Risk Counterparty Representatives have accepted the obligation to pay the prize awards to the Finalists. Participating Lotteries shall have no liability for any cash prize amounts awarded collectively in the James Bond Lottery Challenge.
- All prizes won by the Prizewinners will be subject to the LOTTERY's debt setoff procedures.
- For tax withholding valuation purposes, the Trip Prize has a fair market value of $5,452.50 upon which federal and state withholding will be paid on behalf of the winners in the amount of $1,800 for federal taxes and $247.50 for state taxes. The gross value, or reportable winnings of the Trip Prize is $7,500. MDI will deposit required Federal withholding and state tax on behalf of the winner and provide them with an IRS Tax Form W-2G in accordance with Section H(7) above. The Trip Prize does not include: mileage, insurance, gratuities, meals, parking fees, baggage fees, alcoholic beverages (other than those served without charge at any reception and/or party), personal expenses such as telephone calls, valet service, laundry, incidentals and the like, revision or cancellation fees which may be charged by the hotel or other suppliers, or any other items not expressly specified herein.
- If the Prizewinner is traveling via air and fails to appear at the designated time and place of departure (excluding flight delays) MDI will use reasonable efforts to reschedule the flight at the expense of the Prizewinner. If MDI is not able to reschedule the flight, then the Prizewinner will not participate in the trip portion of the Trip Prize (air travel, lodging and ground transfers); however, the Lottery or MDI will appoint a proxy to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge for the Prizewinner, and the Prizewinner shall receive any prizes won by the proxy; (less applicable tax withholdings).
- If the Prizewinner fails to check in to the hotel when he or she arrives in Las Vegas, MDI will use reasonable efforts to reschedule the reservation. If MDI is unable to reschedule the reservation, the balance of the trip portion of the Trip Prize shall be forfeited with the exception of the return air travel and one thousand dollar ($1,000) cash portion of the Trip Prize, less any tax withholdings; however, the Lottery or MDI will appoint a proxy to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge for the Prizewinner, and the Prizewinner shall receive any prizes won by the proxy; (less applicable tax withholdings).
- If the Prizewinner fails to arrive for his or her scheduled participation in the James Bond Lottery Challenge, the Prizewinner forfeits the right to personally participate in the James Bond Lottery Challenge as a Finalist; however, the Lottery or MDI will appoint a proxy to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge for the Prizewinner, and the Prizewinner shall receive any prizes won by the proxy; (less applicable tax withholdings).
- In the event that a Prizewinner is determined to be unable to attend the trip after the trip has been booked, the balance of the Trip Prize shall be forfeited with the exception of the one thousand dollar ($1,000) spending money portion of the Trip Prize, less any tax withholdings; however, the Lottery or MDI will appoint a proxy to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge for the Prizewinner, and the Prizewinner shall receive any prizes won by the proxy (less applicable tax withholdings).
- Notwithstanding the fact that Prizewinner may end his or her participation in the Trip Prize, such Prizewinner shall be deemed to have taken ownership of the entire Trip Prize, and the full claimed value of the entire Trip Prize (including the value of the travel portion) shall be reported to the IRS. Accordingly, the Prizewinner may be responsible for any additional state or federal taxes resulting from the claimed Trip Prize, above and beyond those taxes withheld, reported and paid on the Prizewinner’s behalf by MDI to the appropriate agencies.
- The minimum age requirement to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge is twenty-one (21) years per Nevada State Law. The Prizewinner or their designated proxy must be twenty-one (21) years of age to be eligible to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge;
- If the Prizewinner is under the age of twenty-one (21) years old, he or she may pre-designate a proxy, or one will be chosen by the Lottery or MDI, to play the James Bond Lottery Challenge on his or her behalf. The Prizewinner shall receive any cash prize(s) won by the proxy on the James Bond Lottery Challenge (less applicable tax withholdings).
- The Prizewinner, designee, or guest must have a valid credit card or shall be required to post cash deposit for incidentals to check into the hotel.
- The total amount of cash won, less tax withholdings, during the James Bond Lottery Challenge by the Prizewinner will be mailed to the Prizewinner by MDI within twenty-one (21) business days after the Prizewinner's departure from Las Vegas. MDI shall withhold from such cash prizes the minimum required federal tax withholdings and any applicable state tax withholdings and shall deposit said withholdings on behalf of the Prizewinner to the appropriate agencies. The Prizewinner shall receive an IRS Tax Form W-2G from MDI and a copy shall be provided to the Lottery, upon request. The Prizewinner may be responsible for any additional state or federal taxes resulting from such cash prize(s), above and beyond those taxes withheld, reported and paid on the Prizewinner's behalf by MDI to the appropriate agencies.
- The Prizewinner may not choose to receive the cash equivalent of the trip portion of the Trip Prize.
- If a Trip Prize is refused by the Prizewinner or is not claimed within the timeframe determined by the Lottery, the Lottery will assign the Trip Prize to an alternate Prizewinner, and MDI shall fulfill that Trip Prize under the same terms and conditions as specified herein, provided that the Trip Prize is still available and time requirements have not elapsed.
- MDI may substitute a prize of equal value or better quality upon the written approval of the Lottery.
- The Prizewinner is solely responsible for the actions of the guest who accompanies the Prizewinner on the Trip Prize trip.
- All guests are required to be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- GENERAL RULES AND PROVISIONS
- The rules and procedures set forth in these Official Rules shall govern this Promotion. These rules may be amended at any time by the Executive Director or her designee of the Hoosier Lottery without advance notice.
- The Executive Director or her designee may, at any time, announce a suspension or termination of this Promotion, without advance notice and in the Executive Director’s sole discretion, at which point no further entries will be accepted and no additional Prizes shall be awarded. The Hoosier Lottery, the Executive Director, nor any employee of the Hoosier Lottery, IGT Indiana or member of the State Lottery Commission of Indiana shall have any liability whatsoever for any such termination.
- By participating in the Promotion each person agrees to comply with and abide by Indiana law, rules, and regulations as well as the terms and conditions of the Lottery website and all final decisions, policies, or procedures of the Lottery in relation to the conduct of this Promotion. Any dispute arising which relates to any aspect of this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of Indiana.
- The Hoosier Lottery and its agents are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, failure to receive entry, winner information, or other contest information for any reason whatsoever.
- The Hoosier Lottery is not responsible for issues with account accessibility or Promotion entries due to technical problems associated to software, hardware compatibility or internet access.
- The liability of the Hoosier Lottery for failure to enter any person into this Promotion, for any improper operation or conduct of this Promotion, or for the failure of any person to win a prize in this Promotion is limited to entry of the aggrieved person in another promotional drawing with prizes of similar value. Each participant in this Promotion agrees by the act of participating in this Promotion to this limitation of liability.
- By entering this Promotion, all Promotion participants agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against the Hoosier Lottery and any of the affiliates, associates, directors, officers, agents, representatives and assigns of the Hoosier Lottery arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in any way connected with, this Promotion or the prizes awarded in connection therewith.
All of which is EXECUTED and ORDERED this _____ day of __________, 2020.
Carrie B. Stroud, CPA
Chief of Staff, State Lottery Commission of Indiana