RULES AND PROCEDURES GOVERNING THE HOOSIER LOTTERY 2020 HOOSIER HOLIDAY CHEER CHALLENGE PROMOTION
For official signed rules, please click here
The State Lottery Commission of Indiana ("Lottery" or "Hoosier Lottery"), hereby promulgates these rules and procedures ("Official Rules") governing the Hoosier Lottery 2020 Hoosier Holiday Cheer Challenge Promotion ("Promotion").
The Promotion will be held to generate awareness of the Hoosier Lottery Holiday Scratch-offs and award a Hoosier Lottery prize pack to five (5) winners. For purposes of this promotion, Holiday Scratch-offs include $1 Tis the Season (game number 2387), $2 Deck the Halls (game number 2388), $3 Candy Cane Crossword (game number 2385), $5 Merry Multiplier (game number 2390), and $10 Holiday Cash Blowout (game number 2391).
B. PROMOTION PERIOD
- The Promotion period will begin on or about 12:00 AM (ET) on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 and the Promotion entry deadline will be at 11:59 PM (ET) on Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
C. PROMOTION & PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
- The Promotion will be conducted in accordance with all applicable statutes, regulations, rules and procedures and will occur on or about the following day for listed prizes:
|Drawing Date (on or about)
||Number of Prizes
|Wednesday, January 6, 2021
||One (1) prize pack that includes $200 of Hoosier Lottery Tickets Total retail value $200.00.
- Hoosier Lottery tickets award will be at the discretion of the Lottery.
E. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- This Promotion is open to individuals eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- State Lottery Commission of Indiana members, officers, and employees, and any relative(s) (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or person(s) residing in the same household of such Hoosier Lottery member, officer, or employee are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. This restriction applies mutatis mutandis to the Lottery's Integrated Service Provider, IGT Indiana, LLC, ("IGT").
- Members, directors, officers, or employees of a major procurement vendor of the Hoosier Lottery and/or IGT, and any relative(s) (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or person(s) residing in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Participants must complete the challenge(s) detailed in the Cheer Challenge in-app message(s) on the Hoosier Lottery app.
- There will be one challenge for each of the six (6) weeks of the Cheer Challenge
- New challenges will be available on Wednesdays, and each challenge completed is equal to one entry into the drawing.
F. ODDS OF WINNING
- Players can track which challenges they have completed in their Hoosier Lottery mobile app Newsfeed.
- All entries submitted in the manner as described in these Official Rules will be eligible for an entry in this Promotion. Hand delivered or mailed in entries will not be accepted for this Promotion and will be deemed invalid and destroyed.
The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of entrants.
G. DRAWING, WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING OF PRIZE
H. GENERAL RULES AND PROVISIONS
- The winners of this promotion will be selected from among all eligible entries received by using a random number generator from random.org under the supervision of a member of the Hoosier Lottery Security team. A total of five (5) alternates will also be selected.
- The winning entries for this Promotion will be notified in writing via email and by phone call with email address and phone number provided with the entrant's contact information. Winner must claim prize within ten (10) business days. After ten (10) business days, the prize may be offered to an alternate. If all alternates are exhausted, the prize(s) shall be forfeited.
- Upon timely presentation of winner information, the entry will be validated, and eligibility will be verified as in Section D ("Eligibility").
- Once Winner Verification and Winner Authorization are complete, Prize will be provided to Winner.
- Prize may be claimed by mail, but the Indiana resident must have an Indiana address.
- Prize awarded during this Promotion is transferable, but only transferable to someone eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- The rules and procedures set forth in these Official Rules shall govern this Promotion. These rules may be amended at any time by the Hoosier Lottery without advance notice.
- The Lottery's Executive Director or her designee may, at any time, announce a suspension or termination of the Promotion, without advance notice and in the Executive Director's sole discretion, at which point no Prize shall be awarded. The Lottery, the Executive Director, IGT, nor any employee thereof, shall have any liability whatsoever for any such termination.
- By participating in the Promotion each person agrees to comply with and abide by Indiana law, rules, and regulations as well as the terms and conditions of the Lottery website and all final decisions, policies, or procedures of the Lottery in relation to the conduct of this Promotion. Any dispute arising which relates to any aspect of this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of Indiana.
- In the event of a dispute arising out of these Official Rules, the player's remedy is limited to entry in another promotion with prizes of a similar value.
- The Lottery, IGT, and their agents are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Promotion, failure to receive claim, winner, or other Promotion information for any reason whatsoever.
- The Hoosier Lottery is not responsible for issues with account accessibility or Promotion entries due to technical problems associated to software, hardware compatibility or internet access.
- By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and forever releases, discharges, and waives any and all claims, liabilities and actions of any kind, howsoever caused or arising and whether by negligence, any intentional act or otherwise, that entrant may have or that may arise against the Hoosier Lottery, IGT, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities, as well as each of the aforementioned parties' respective associates, directors, officers, owners, shareholders, partners, members, employees, agents, representatives,
successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), with respect to or arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in any way connected with, (i) entrant's participation in this Promotion; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes (including but not limited to the substitution or changing of any prizes)
awarded in this Promotion. By entering, each entrant further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their insurers against any and all damages, costs, judgments, and/or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys' fees and/or other legal fees) they may incur as a result of claims made against them in connection with either (i) entrant's participation in this Promotion; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes (including but not limited to the substitution or changing of any prizes) awarded in this Promotion. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Players are providing
information to the Hoosier Lottery and not to Facebook or Instagram.
All of which is EXECUTED and ORDERED this 12th day of November, 2020.
Carrie B. Stroud, CPA
Chief of Staff, State Lottery Commission of Indiana