RULES AND PROCEDURES GOVERNING THE HOOSIER LOTTERY ELVIS SOCIAL PROMOTION
For official signed rules, please click here.
The State Lottery Commission of Indiana (“Lottery” or “Hoosier Lottery”), hereby promulgates these rules and procedures (“Official Rules”) governing the Hoosier Lottery 2022 ELVIS Scratch-off Social Contest (“Promotion”).
The Promotion will be held via the Hoosier Lottery's Facebook account to support the Hoosier Lottery’s ELVIS Scratch-off (Game #2439).
B. PROMOTION PERIOD
The Promotion period will begin on or about 12:00 PM (ET) on Monday, January 3, 2022, and the Promotion entry deadline will be at 11:59 PM (ET) on Sunday, January 9, 2022.
C. PROMOTION & PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS
- The Promotion will be conducted in accordance with all applicable statutes, regulations, and rules for the listed Prizes:
|Promotion Entry Period
||Drawing Date (on or about)
||Number of Prizes
|Monday, January 3, 2022, at 12:00 PM (ET) - Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM (ET)
||Monday, January 10, 2022
||Six (6) prize packs that include $105.00 in Hoosier Lottery Scratch-offs and Elvis-themed merchandise
- The prize pack includes $80.00 in Hoosier Lottery Scratch-offs, an Elvis-branded t-shirt ($12.00), an Elvis-branded mug ($9.00), and an Elvis-branded oven mit ($4.00). Total retail value is $105.00.
- Hoosier Lottery tickets awarded will be at the discretion of the Lottery.
E. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- This Promotion is open to legal residents of Indiana who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
- State Lottery Commission of Indiana members, officers, and employees, and any relative(s) (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or person(s) residing in the same household of such Hoosier Lottery member, officer, or employee are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. This restriction applies mutatis mutandis to the Lottery’s Integrated Service Provider, IGT Indiana, LLC, (“IGT”).
- Members, directors, officers, or employees of a major procurement vendor of the Hoosier Lottery and/or IGT, and any relative(s) (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and/or person(s) residing in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Participants must have a public Facebook account to participate in and enter this Promotion. If a participant does not have a Facebook account, there is no cost to create one at www.facebook.com. Please note that any duplicate entries found through participants using multiple accounts to make multiple entries in the Promotion will be ineligible.
- To enter, eligible users must comment on the Hoosier Lottery’s “ELVIS Trivia” video post(s). There will be one post each day from January 3, 2022 through January 8, 2022.
- Participants can comment multiple times, however a participant will only be granted one (1) entry into this promotion per video trivia post, regardless of how many comments are submitted. Duplicate entries will be removed at the time of the drawing.
- Participants can gain as many as six (6) total entries if they commented on all six (6) video posts during the time of the promotion.
- Incorrect answers to the trivia question will still count as eligible entries. Participants do not need to answer the question correctly.
F. ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the total number of entrants.
G. WINNER SELECTION, CONFIRMATION, NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING OF PRIZE
H. GENERAL RULES AND PROVISIONS
- Winning entries will be selected from among all eligible entries received.
- A total of six (6) winners will be selected for this Promotion under the supervision of a member of the Hoosier Lottery security team. A total of five (5) alternates will also be selected.
- The selected winners from this Promotion will be notified via a comment on their original entry post. Selected winners will need to direct message the Lottery to provide contact information.
- Upon timely presentation of winner information, the entry will be validated, and eligibility will be verified as in Section D outlined above.
- Upon notification, the winner will have ten (10) business days to respond and to claim the prize. If a selected winner fails to respond within the designated time an alternate will be selected. If all alternates are exhausted, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Prizes will be mailed, if within the State of Indiana, or available for pick up at the Hoosier Lottery Headquarters, located at 1302 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
- A Promotion winner may be required to participate in publicity and marketing efforts.
- Examples include an interview with Hoosier Lottery individuals, television, radio and/or newspaper reporters and/or photographers/videographers.
- This information may be used in future media, the Hoosier Lottery's website, in store Point of Purchase materials or other marketing efforts without consent or notice.
- The rules and procedures set forth in these Official Rules shall govern this Promotion. These rules may be amended at any time by the Lottery without advance notice.
- The Lottery’s Executive Director or her designee may, at any time, announce a suspension or termination of the Promotion, without advance notice and in the Executive Director’s sole discretion, at which point no Prize shall be awarded. None of the Lottery, the Executive Director, IGT, nor any employee thereof, shall have any liability whatsoever for any such termination.
- By participating in the Promotion each person agrees to comply with and abide by Indiana law, rules, and regulations as well as the terms and conditions of the Lottery website and all final decisions, policies, or procedures of the Lottery in relation to the conduct of this Promotion. Any dispute arising which relates to any aspect of this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of Indiana.
- In the event of a dispute arising out of these Official Rules, the player’s remedy is limited to entry in another promotion with prizes of a similar value.
- The Lottery, IGT, and their agents are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of the Promotion, failure to receive claim, winner, or other Promotion information for any reason whatsoever.
- The Lottery is not responsible for issues with account accessibility or Promotion entries due to technical problems associated to software, hardware compatibility or internet access.
- By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and forever releases, discharges, and waives any and all claims, liabilities and actions of any kind, howsoever caused or arising and whether by negligence, any intentional act or otherwise, that entrant may have or that may arise against the Lottery, IGT, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities, as well as each of the aforementioned parties’ respective associates, directors, officers, owners, shareholders, partners, members, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), with respect to or arising directly or indirectly, out of, or in any way connected with, (i) entrant’s participation in this Promotion; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes (including but not limited to the substitution or changing of any prizes) awarded in this Promotion. By entering, each entrant further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their insurers against any and all damages, costs, judgments, and/or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and/or other legal fees) they may incur as a result of claims made against them in connection with either (i) entrant’s participation in this Promotion; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes (including but not limited to the substitution or changing of any prizes) awarded in this Promotion. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
All of which is EXECUTED and ORDERED this 29th day of December, 2021.